Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict.
(03-15-2018, 02:58 AM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't read through all this, but I'm sure by now you all saw my tweet(s) [or Katherine's] saying this was bullsh--.

I know I'm not supposed to rip on CJ or places like that but I have to here. But first - I don't know why the guy from an Alabama television station tweeted that. None. I'm sure, being that he's employed, someone he felt knew a thing, told him a thing, and he just trusted it and tweeted it. I talked to about a half dozen people from both teams within minutes of this being brought to my attention and got a collective WTF. Now, the core problem is the "report" itself. No doubt. It is / was incorrect. ((At the end of the day, nearly every player in the league can be "traded for" so if Burfict is ever dealt down the line, it's not a validation of this))

But CJ, PFT, all these places that just racked "REPORT: ..." assuming something... to get clicks ... ugh. It's just irresponsible journalism aggregation. In my opinion you can't just take something from a place like that and be like, oh yeah, it's solid enough to just send everywhere.

I feel I'm pretty connected. But I don't break every story. But I know I can get to the bottom of it within 15 minutes. And not a soul locally or nationally was on this. Say what you want about the ESPN and NFLN or what's left of the CBS and FOX reporters ... but none of them or the Oakland beat hacks even touched this. There's something to be said for that.

Anyway, sorry for the rant - but stuff like this and the way it's then blown out of proportion just because is mind numbing and a pain in the a--. I get aggregators are easy to find and they sort stuff for you as a fan in one spot...but there are dangers there. After all, it's the internet. 

So you mean that I could tweet out that you're going to be the announcer for the next 20 super bowls and there are going to be some fools going OMG OMG OMG! JIM WILL BE ANNOUNCING THE SUPER BOWL!? 

Now don't go raining on my parade right away if I do this...

Nah.. I'd never do that to you unless it was true (or unless someone paid me a gajillion bucks to do it ) lol

And by the way thanks for alleviating our fears. You know how panic grips us all and turns us into a bunch of psychotic ninnies..  lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict. - grampahol - 03-15-2018, 05:52 AM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - CJD - 03-14-2018, 04:55 PM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - Nati#1 - 03-14-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - treee - 03-14-2018, 05:16 PM
RE: Burfict Trade With Raiders!? - snowy - 03-14-2018, 05:17 PM