Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at this season's free agent signings, Glenn's salary not that big
I expect Geno's deal to clock in somewhere between 15-16 million per year when it gets redone. Structure wise I am thinking we go more guaranteed than normal to keep Geno from pushing for something closer to Suh's now old deal of 19 per year. This basically is an increase of 5-6 million a year against our cap from his current number. Dunlap is a little tougher to gauge because ends are valued for various things for various teams, fans like to pigeon hole ends into sack numbers but there is more to it than that. I think we see a deal somewhere between 10-12 million per year for Dunlap slating him in the same area as like Cameron Jordan and Michael Bennett, but still below the elite class of rushers who are in the mid to high teens. This would be another 3-5 Million increase on the cap per year.

The thing no one really wants to talk about is the giant pink elephant in the room, Andy Dalton's contract. While Dalton gives off the appearance of a "team guy" this FA round has got to have him and his agent seriously discussing options. He is now the 21st highest paid QB in the league, but the 3rd lowest non rookie contract QB ahead of only Taylor (slightly) and McCowan (maybe not even a starter). I think the team still likes him, with that in mind I could see an extension, or restructuring even, to move more money up front to make him happy and get him more aligned with the current QB market.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking at this season's free agent signings, Glenn's salary not that big - Au165 - 03-15-2018, 11:36 AM