Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling holes-If a few more weak spots get upgraded then GM off hook & Coaches on it
(03-16-2018, 06:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: I guess I am thinking of this more as a fan that would simply like to go into the season feeling that the 3 or 4 worst & weakest starting roster spots have actually been upgraded.

LT and LB have just been upgraded (although Burfict may miss some games now)

If say they do get a Top rookie Center, a decent tackle prospect and another couple draft picks pan out, maybe Ross pans out from last draft, then at least as a fan I can feel like we have a chance going in.  I at least want to like our roster going in.

If it implodes after that then so be it but I would at least like to see upgrades that I personally like going into the season.

Last year they lost their two best offensive lineman during free agency while drafting two offensive skill players with injury and character concerns during the first two rounds. Their shiny new WR accumulated more surgeries than receptions and they still haven't fixed the line. (Cordy Glenn hasn't had a healthy season in two years and is coming off of foot surgery so hopefully that gamble pays off instead of being another Antonio Bryant.) So the GM still has a helluva lot more work to do before the coaches are more responsible than the GM.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filling holes-If a few more weak spots get upgraded then GM off hook & Coaches... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2018, 07:09 PM