Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like they young Wideouts will have to wait.
I've been pretty happy with Lafell actually. It is true that it seemed like they forgot about Boyd last year until the end of the last game of the season but I'm not sure that is "Lafell eating up snaps". I do think we shouldn't carry 7 WRs this year. Malone and Core feel redundant and honestly is anyone going to take Cody Core from us if he's on the practice squad?

John Ross is a bigger question. I mean, I'm sure we'll try to work him in -- after an offseason he should be healed up, better at the playbook, and any bad blood from the first year from between him and the coaches could have faded a little. They may try working him in running plays again despite the fact that the last time we did that he fumbled. Or play him in the slot -- he is our shortest WR but also supposedly our fastest so if he can get separation in traffic you could see some production there.

Too many guys who would be competent starters at WR is a good problem to have though. We know the Bengals rotate players and we know the AFC North is a hard hitting division where injuries do happen. We'll have 3 WRs on the field most plays and 4 or 5 on some plays. Especially if Eifert can't stay healthy which...I hope for the best but am not gonna be surprised by the worst.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like they young Wideouts will have to wait. - BoomerFan - 03-18-2018, 12:22 PM