Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like they young Wideouts will have to wait.
(03-22-2018, 10:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude he was hurt.. couldn't practice most the preseason which put him behind.... 

finally got in and fumble got benched for it...  (understandable for 1 game) then got hurt in practice the next week....  Even ross said he was hurt all year. 

But lets keep blaming marvin for just hating the kid  (good to practice doesn't mean doing well in practice)

Yeah marvin doesn't want to win with his best talent...

Dude did you not read my post? I said he was hurt. Even said I believe that played into it. Even said that I believe he himself is partly to blame for not getting on the field. I also read Marv's comments all season where he sounded disgusted with Ross. I also heard the rumor that Marv didn't want Ross in the first place. I take all that into account and come to the conclusion that Ross looked like he was in Marv's doghouse. 

This isn't some wild accusation based on no evidence. 

You assume he was doing terrible in practice based on what? That he didn't play? As if Marv has never kept a talented rookie on the bench? Marv has really earned our complete unquestioned faith on that? 

(03-22-2018, 03:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's an unfair statement about Tab Perry, his NFL career was derailed by injuries.

He broke the Franchise record in KO return yardage in 2005, so I don't see how that could be "mediocre".

Perry went on to Miami, but tore his ACL before the season started and was IR'ed.

He was ok. He was 11th in KR average that year, which is a more accurate way to judge success. No TD's. Career was derailed after that. 

I don't see much to rave about. Did zilch as a receiver. Stuck behind the great Kelley Washington.

(03-22-2018, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you blame Marvin for Hills drop in production after his rookie season?

If not then why do you think it is impossible for s player to suddenly improve or get worse after his rookie season?  Why does it have to be something Marvin did instead of just a change in the players production?

Ok then. I have you down as Ross will suddenly "get it" if he goes from so hopeless he can't buy a snap to successful in one year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like they young Wideouts will have to wait. - Shake n Blake - 03-28-2018, 07:53 PM