Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like they young Wideouts will have to wait.
(03-29-2018, 12:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: I side with Shake. Hard for anyone to argue Ross wasn't in Marvin's dog house. Have we ever heard him slam a rookie so coldly to the media for a fumble/wrong route? I mean really?

He blamed the loss of a game on him. A GAME!  Something he's never done with Burfict/Jones/Dalton/Green or his Oline.

Hell Mixon fumbled and never missed a snap.

Something was up, and there's no denying that.

I believe Marvin didn't want the pick. Rightfully thought Ross would never be able to hold up health wise (as he was off many boards), and wasn't the pick needed to "save" his job and help the Bengals get to the playoffs.

The pick was forced on him, and he "tried" to make it work, but as soon as it didn't, he was quick to throw him under the bus in unprecedented fashion (public), and treated him like a red headed stepchild not letting him get away with not nearly he let his other players and rookies get away with any given Sunday.

All that may change this season, but as for now, as it relates to last season and the enigma that was the Ross situation. Shakes points are legit.

Marvins actions with Ross may very well have been justified because Ross was the biggest babay he evr coached.

How many players have tried to post film from practice to make a coach look bad?

If we are going to play "make believe" and claim we know what was going on I have just as much proof that ross was the biggest babay Marvin ever coached as you do that Marvin hated Ross more than any other rookie.

Here is what it comes down to for me.  I have watched Marvin coach for 15 years.  He has had lots of rookies who did not see much playing time.  Not a single on of them ever acted like as big of a baby as Ross did.  I think it is highly unlikely that a guy who9 has been coaching for 15 years would just suddenly change and become a petty a-hole who would rather hurt the team than play some guy he does not like.  People don't just change that dramatically overnight.  Ross, on the other hand, is a guy with no track record and he has already done the most childish thing I have ever seen a rookie do.  I guarantee that Carson Palmer was making some incredible passes on the practice field in '03 but he didn't go all crybaby and post video.

The people taking Marvins side on this are ignoring 15 years of history just because they hate Marvin and want to blame him for everything.  They just can not understand any reason Marvin might treat a guy who acted like a bigger baby than any rookie ever differently from all the rookies he has coached before.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like they young Wideouts will have to wait. - fredtoast - 03-29-2018, 01:38 PM