Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the hell cant we get linebacker right?
(03-23-2018, 09:53 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Rivers wasnt good before that and he wasnt good after that. He was actually awful. 

Rivers was a damn good LB that outplayed anyone he went up against.

On the mothership, I had a back and forth with a member named JohnHenry, for about 3 pages worth of posts (literaly; this lasted a whole week) and every damn number I compared with either Howard or Brandon Johnson (per 100 snaps, as their snap counts were wildly different), had Rivers FAR AND AWAY the better LBer of the 3 and there was no comparison.

The sole issue, was that he got injured here and there, while the other two were fully healthy (save for 2012, for Howard). That's it. Bfine chimed in once in a while to say that because of the injury bug, he was automatically worse than BJ or Howard.

This was when PFF had all of their stats and metrics; I did not use their grades even once for this comparison, but even then, he had higher grades than both players.

Better in coverage than BJ (yet he was pulled on passing downs, go figure), more stops in the run game than either, more tackles a season than either, even on picks, even on sacks (they all got 2/3 sacks and picks within a 3 year span), but the main difference was in the run game and Rivers was the best by far.

A shitty attitude and injury is why we got rid of him, but he was a damn good player while he was here. Maybe he didn't quite attain his 9th overall status, but he was still more than good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the hell cant we get linebacker right? - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-23-2018, 10:34 AM