Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Catch Rule Passes Unanimously
(03-29-2018, 08:11 PM)The Gooney Rule Wrote: Disgusting, isn't it?

After the schedule was released last year, I had had about enough. I checked every division's WK 17 games going back to 2010, and it's actually sad how much the AFC North stands as an outlier to the way the other divisions rotate their final game each year.

I guess that's one thing I've fixated on for so long now that I notice it straight away when the schedule comes out, and I've been hoping it would draw more media attention by now. All of my FB accounts I've tried to use in the comment sections of sports media articles have been flagged/deactivated every single time I've made reference to this topic. (My guess is not the subject matter being blackballed by a higher power, but by Shittsburgh fans who report the truth (and my putrid Dan Gooney thumbnail pic I use) as offensive. 

This is the year and time to make a push to get some traction on it. It's the dead of the offseason. FA is dying down. Draft still a month away. Once opening day for MLB is over, and the Final Four finishes next week, a story/investigation into why the Rooney family catches such breaks from the league (over ever other single team), might just get some traction. 

If we wait until the schedule comes out, the league might throw a change-up, and then we'd lose leverage on calling their caca out. If there's a stink made before hand, and then they change the schedule, it'll look like they're guilty as charged - and they are.

Any thoughts on how to push the right buttons to get it amplified in the right way?

It is truly disgusting. The Stealers have to have their get out of jail free card at the end of every season.

While the Ravens and us have to battle it out to kick the other one out of the Playoffs. You cannot make this shit up.

I thought it was strange how we started and ended the season against the Ravens last season.

The Raven's fans should be pissed about this too as this resulted in us kicking them out.

Keep up the good work my man, i believe this is the best way to go about it.

Just keep bringing it up, they cannot ignore it forever.

(03-30-2018, 02:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Great writing!!
However, if you think about it, the AFCN has pretty much in that time span, have been on the verge of sending 3 teams to the playoffs. I guess the hope is for the Bengals and Ravens to knock one or the other out of the playoffs. Why not the Ravens and Steelers? Maybe they have better ratings when they play a Sunday night or any other primetime game during the middle of the season or Bengals vs Steelers during the season. Not sure if they have games on Sunday night week 17 or not, haven't checked..

Cause the Ravens always play the Stealers tough, that is why.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Catch Rule Passes Unanimously - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2018, 02:59 PM