Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teryl Austin has coached in three Super Bowls.
(04-04-2018, 09:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It amazes me how some people here claim they can read the minds of the players and know how happy they are playing a certain scheme and how it effects their motivation.

What I believe is that DBs like is making picks and over the four years Guenthar was or DC the bengals were NUMBER ONE in the league in interceptions.

I also think DBs also like shutting down opponents passing games and while Guenthar was our DC the Bengals were NUMBER ONE in the league in pass efficiency rating allowed.

It amazes me how some people here act as though they can interpret everything from a statistic.  How did the defense fare in comparison to the rest of the league when they weren't working with a high-scoring offense?  When teams have to pass and they are behind, that leads to more INTs.  Even you should be able to understand that. 

And my point wasn't just to the mindset of the DBs (sure, they like getting picks) but think about the energy of the defense as a whole.  How many times have we called them flat?  How many times have we seen everything on the line and the opponent comes out swinging and forces mistakes and big plays and how many times do we just die as slow death.  You, again who admitted to not watching many of the games, can see the energy (or lack thereof) on the players.  

And I feel that has happened on both sides of the ball.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teryl Austin has coached in three Super Bowls. - SHRacerX - 04-04-2018, 10:58 AM