Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teryl Austin has coached in three Super Bowls.
(04-05-2018, 08:27 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. I believe a lot of the success Guenther experienced with us was due mainly to talent. But Fred makes a good point, Guenther has received a lot of intense criticism from Bengal fans when the defense was playing well. He is over-hated, but at the same time overrated IMO. We can do better, and I think (hope) we did with the Austin hire. Time will tell, but I think Guenthers time in Oakland will be short lived. 

I didn't hate on Guenther.  My "hate" was on the overall scheme, which is approved on by the head coach.  

I see Guenther as what many new coaches (and players) do in terms of having success early and once the league figures them out, they struggle.  They don't have the ability to adapt.  

I like the guy and wish him success in Oakland/Vegas, but if you are going to measure what the guy was by throwing stats together from a time when he had a very high-powered offense on the other side of the ball, and a guy that I see as the best LB in the league, then I feel it is only fair to compare his success (or lack therof) when he didn't have either of those.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teryl Austin has coached in three Super Bowls. - SHRacerX - 04-05-2018, 08:42 AM