Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time we moved on from Dunlap.
(04-03-2018, 11:16 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Here's where I'm coming from....

In 2014 Hill had 9 TDs in basically 9 games of full time action and put in 1100+ yards (5.1 per) with 27 catches. AWESOME

I was referring to 2015 where he had less than 800 yards (3.6 per) and 11 TDs with a longest run of 38. He also only had 15 receptions. That's a massive drop off from 2014. Except for the short yardage TDs, which was what I was referring to with the... 9 games of greatness early and then garbage after.

- Then he had a dumpy 2016. 9 TDs, sure, but the avg per stunk (again) and he looked awful in general. The guy just didn't work out and was a poor performer two years in. Row, except for 1 stat... TDs, which I was saying seemed to come in shorter yardage plays... The easiest TD to get.

- 2017 was worse, followed by him quitting half way through the year and putting himself on IR and leaving the team even though he had no significant injury that warranted that.

That is why I think he's an ass and played. Like ass. I don't hate the guy for the decline in production after his 9 game rookie explosion - that happens and the Bengals moved on after giving him 4 seasons to recapture his magic. I do blame him for the playoff loss in 2015 and his quitting in 2017. I find that to be a tell tale sign of who he is.
Fair enough, we'll just have to disagree, I always seem to support the RBs more than most. I think I was the only Ced Benson fan left on the board by the time he left.

Let's make this thread about Carlos and I apologize for any derailment.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's time we moved on from Dunlap. - bfine32 - 04-03-2018, 11:21 AM