Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
He's trash on deep throws.... https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

Some notes about the link above: Select the Desktop site option if you're viewing on a mobile device. Also, open the glossary so you can understand the litany of stats, how and why they are important. TT = Time to Throw, for example. The line WAS bad last year as AD had the 3rd lowest time to throw. He was still bad at deep passes in 2016 (stats are there in the drop down)) whe line was fine and still had Whit and Zeitler. He's not good on throws over 30 yards, which is what most people today would consider a deep passes.

Also, "deep ball" in that article is anything 20+ yards. Dalton's fine at 20 yard, sure, but most people would consider that intermediate range. Not "deep ball"... Over 30? Typically Hot hot garbage.

Here's a profootball focus article breaking down deep passes by yardage and completion %. This is from the 2014 season's stats. Andy hasn't gotten appreciably better since then. https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/qbs-in-focus-deep-passing-2

Notice the stink flowing off of his %? 2015 is an anomaly for Andy. 1 great season when he's surrounded by incredible talent doesn't overlower 6 ok seasons and crappy deep ball throws. Anyone who watches the games sees the way off misses, out of bounds throws, and underthrows.

If youre going to respond that I've interpreted this data wrong, please read the data first and look up the glossary to understand it so we can discuss. I'm open to being wrong or interpreting some of this poorly, but I've provided more in depth details and links beyond what Cincy Jungle has, and I've read through them quite a bit. Basically, I put some work in. Just show or explain to me with at least some detail/effort where these stats (and, of course what I've watched on the field) are wrong. But don't just come at me with nonsense and conjecture about feelings based on anything but facts, plays you've seen AD make and links so I can research.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - PDub80 - 04-04-2018, 09:39 AM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM