Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-04-2018, 11:05 AM)PDub80 Wrote: True! But, what's the excuse for the other 5 seasons he's stunk at it? It makes zero sense to usethe O Line excuse when discussing Andy's skill set as a passer over his career. He's not a rookie so there are plenty of other seasons to look at in totality.

He had a crap O-Line 1 time out of 7 seasons. He has been bad at deep balls 6 out of 7 seasons - I will look for similar stats for 2015 so I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that one until I find stats and can compare. Feel free to explain the other 5 seasons where he was avg to below avg to awful. Like, say, 2014 when his completion % on passes over 31 yards ranked LAST in the NFL (see link in my previous post) even though he had a top 3 or 4 WR as a deep threat in AJ Green. The O Line was fine in 2014.

Blame 2017's offensive line for, say 2016 or 2014's dirty laundry on the deep ball doesn't work. It's illogical.

According to espn stats dalton completed 7 of 42 passes over 20 yards, which isn't that good. He barely threw the ball down the field, and when he did he missed most of the time.  I know one of those throws was a 15 yard throw to green against the titans, he made a nice move, and took it all the way for a 70 yard td.  

For comparison, according to espn stats, tyrod taylor completed 14 of 49 throws over 20 yards, which is almost twice the completion percentage of dalton last season. Now taylor is considered captain check down, yet daltons numbers are substantially worse. Also keep in mind that taylor didn't have a play maker like green to bail him out on some bad deep throws.

PFF has lost a lot of credibility the last few years and this confirms that, their ranking system is not very accurate at all. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-04-2018, 03:42 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM