Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-11-2018, 11:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Another recap:

1. Dalton gets called a horrible deep passer.
2. What would be the first stat people generally would want to look at to verify whether this claim is true? I would think base stats and passer rating...right?
3. I compiled the base stats and passer rating on deep balls for his entire career.
4. You whine that the 21-30 yard category favors Dalton.
5. I remove the 21-30 yard category, and Dalton is even better.
6. Now you resort to blindly calling them misinterpreted/misleading "garbage" stats.

Since I got rid of the 21-30 yard category that you initially had a problem with, what else is wrong with the stats I posted, besides "they don't make Dalton look bad"?

The stats are what they are. I didn't manipulate a damn thing.

Again, this is paltering.

You're showing one statistic (passer rating on deep throws over 31 yards) and sitting on it as if it paints an entire picture. That's flat out wrong. It's a conclusion presented with wildly incomplete data.

Most QBs have high passer ratings on deep throws like that.

Why don't you look at completion % on those throws? Why don't you look at throws missed out of bounds? Why don't you review film of these throws to actually analyze the play itself? Etc. Etc.

^ One of the links I posted did that and so so much more. And they rated Dalton poorly and below avg to last in the NFL in some of these statistics every year.

Before you say film doesn't matter and that the result is the result, let me warn you to be cautious there in this debate. Because if nothing else matters than the result you cannot sit on a poor O Line causing any issues. If the result is the result for the QB when it's good than it has to be the same when he's bad.

As far as the 20-30 yard throws, your data there is poor and incomplete as well. I'll fix that tomorrow.

I'm all for being wrong. But you can't post incomplete and vietually inconsquential data without comparison or context... while ignoring other evidence... and then think people will eat it up. That's paltering.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - PDub80 - 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM