Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-18-2018, 08:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I never said it had anything to do with those stats.  Neither did you.  So what is your point?  All I did was prove that a high number of penalties seesm to be common among the best CBs in the league so it should not be used as a stats to prove a CB is bad.

I am not cherry picking small data stes.  I included the overall stop rate including the running plays.  Dre still ranks in the top 40-50 in stop rate and yards per play.

The PFF formula from 2015 was garbage.  It was basedon subjective input and the formula itself was so flawed that a player could be ranked BEHIND another player who both played FEWER SNAPS and messed up MORE OFTEN.  It was a complete joke.

If it has nothing to with those stats then don't bring it up. It has no part in the argument. You are the one that brings up pointless arguments that have nothing to with anything. Stick to the subject and stop deviating away from it with useless facts

The bottom line is Kirkpatrick got 15 penalties  and the average penalties for the corners was 5. He got 15 - 5 which or 10 above average. So to make the stop rate accurate you add 10 burns and 10 penalties worth of yards. Now calculate his ranking. It plummets to the bottom.

There is zero difference between giving up a completion or grabbing a receiver and hauling him down just before he catches it.  They both count the same yards against the defense, so they must be added to those two stats. 

You are cherry picking when you think small data sets are ok for deep throws and not ok when it comes to run stops. 

PFF was good in 2015.  It was still being used by many experts to rate players and it was very accurate that year. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-24-2018, 09:51 PM