Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(05-03-2018, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What're you, 5? Rolleyes

First off, no. 

The QB forumla counts completions per attempt, yards per attempt, TDs per attempt and INTs per attempt. Each of those has a separate calculation which are then compiled into a larger formula. Each calculation can only have a maximum value of 2.375. The TD portion can only have a maximum value of 2.375. The yards per attempt portion can only have a maximum value of 2.375. Ergo, no, the QB rating formula does NOT put a weight on TDs or on ANY of the other elements of the formula.

The reason I didn't understand has nothing to do with my comprehension skills. It's because your scenario makes no sense. Show me 1 game in all of NFL history where 1 of the teams launched a deep ball every time they got to midfield. You can't so your scenario is a nonsensical one and has no bearing on the discussion.

It makes perfect sense because its very likely that a deep throw will occur on third down as opposed to the other downs. I also gave the team optimum field position of midfield , which isn't always the case because not every drive even gets to midfield. Even using these idealized conditions for the offense, it would produce very few points. 

Who cares if it isn't a scenario that ever happens , if a qb rating is used to measure a throw as 106 then teams should use that highly rated throw to score points.

If the qb rating that measure the effectiveness of deep throws is to be trusted, it should be able to be trusted in all situations including this scenario I have outlined. In fact, if it is so trustworthy then nfl teams should use this strategy when at midfield.

The fact that it uses a max 2.375 value is subjective weight. Are you going to be playing word games by saying that is not a weight . That is what is called a weight on the formula. It means certain parameters have been assigned values called weights!!! Weight is another word for value since you probably have a limited vocabulary. 

It isn't like gravity that is measured by scientists, it is a weight derived by humans which is subjective.  You have no concept of what a weighted formulas are or what subjective even means. You are a classic dunning krueger. You argue about things you know very little about
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 05-03-2018, 07:07 PM