Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(05-03-2018, 04:26 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You're the one who doesn't understand subjective or objective.  When the qb rating is constructed it put a weight on the td, that is subjective,  not objective. That weight is based on what some human thinks should be the weight.  Any time a human comes up with something like a weight on something then that is the definition of subjective.

Who cares if it is applied the same to every qb. A flawed rating  applied to everyone produces a flawed result.  They could have put a billion points weight on the td and even someone like you would see how subjective that weight would be.  

Its very simple to understand.  I'll dumb it down for you to understand. If a team has 8 drives per game and launches a deep ball every time they get to midfield, they would connect on exactly 1 out of 8 for a td. 16 /2 is 8, in case you haven't taken elementary school math. 

The other completion would not produce a td so I gave it a field goal. That means 17 points in two games or 8.5 a game.

This shows that it is not effective to launch a deep ball from midfield with that low of a connection rate and it will produce very few points using that strategy. It is very ineffective at producing points when it still got a 106 rating. So no it does not measure effectiveness.

This is a scenario that is not unlikely because third down is the most likely passing down, out of all the downs in football, and I'm giving the offense an optimum advantage of throwing that deep ball from midfield, which isn't always the case.  Some throws might be not thrown from midfield, but even with ideal conditions for the offense it still doesn't produce many points and yet gets a very high rating.

So, when a human comes up with the go to QB rating....it's subjective.  When a human comes up with blackballblitz.com ratings it's objective.  Got it. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-04-2018, 10:23 AM