Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018...
(04-11-2018, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What I like is that a lot of huge needs are filled with starting talent.  What I am not sure of is Evans and Crosby.  Evans projects as a WILL backer, but has had issues with durability and coverage isn't his strength.  He is most adept at rushing the passer, something the Bengals rarely do with their LBs.  Crosby just makes me nervous because of the "block just one second" scheme at Oregon.  

I am surprised you feel he would be an upgrade over Fisher when he is a rookie coming out of college and projected at the same (or lower) area as Fisher.  I like Crosby, but I don't love him here.  If Brown is available with those albatross arms, I would much rather have him.

As far as Ragnow goes, I hope the Bengals do go with the Center (and are maybe able to slide and get additional picks) despite so many mocks not showing Price and Ragnow drafted early.  I think that is more of a function of ratings and "centers aren't sexy".  The fact that Elflein went #70 overall last year might get the Bengals thinking they can wait and still get one (Ragnow or Price), with a guy like Bozeman as a consolation prize.  

If the Bengals do wait on the center, I can almost guarantee they would go with a LB in the first.  That is what I am guessing Marv wanted so badly last year, and even though they signed Brown, it is only a one year deal.  So, the question might become:  Do you go Vander Esche or Rashaan Evans?  I would go with Vander Esche although I would rather see a tackle like McGlinchey, a Guard like Wynn or Hernandez, or even someone like Vea should he fall all the way to #21.

It will be very interesting.

You killed the back half, and that is every bit as important.  They really, really need to nail the center and LB positions this year, however, and if they can do that AND get a starting caliber OT like McGlinchey, it would be perfect.

Thanks for this brother. I think we just like certain players better than each other. I like Rashaan better than Vander Esch cause
Rashaan is much better at disengaging from blockers and is a much better tackler and more physical. LVE might have more upside
but Rashaan i think is a better fit at SAM where we have our biggest need at LB. I don't see Rashaan as a WILL at all. He is purely
a SAM. He can shed blocks, stop the run and cover well enough.

Also, as i hear from Jim O we won't go with a LB in the Draft until mid rounds unless someone crazy talented falls which is what i
have happening here.

I like Crosby more than Orlando cause he is a violent run blocker, nothing like Fisher. He can work on his pass protection under
Pollack, he has good feet and violent hands. Would love to have Wynn but i don't think Guard is a huge need and i don't know if
Ragnow will be there at 46 which is why i would take him in the first. He is the best Center in this Draft IMHO.

Especially for us. Thanks again man, good stuff. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - SHRacerX - 04-11-2018, 09:00 AM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-12-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - SHRacerX - 04-13-2018, 07:47 AM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - TKUHL - 04-13-2018, 11:08 PM