Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018...
(04-12-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this brother. I think we just like certain players better than each other. I like Rashaan better than Vander Esch cause
Rashaan is much better at disengaging from blockers and is a much better tackler and more physical. LVE might have more upside
but Rashaan i think is a better fit at SAM where we have our biggest need at LB. I don't see Rashaan as a WILL at all. He is purely
a SAM. He can shed blocks, stop the run and cover well enough.

Also, as i hear from Jim O we won't go with a LB in the Draft until mid rounds unless someone crazy talented falls which is what i
have happening here.

I like Crosby more than Orlando cause he is a violent run blocker, nothing like Fisher. He can work on his pass protection under
Pollack, he has good feet and violent hands. Would love to have Wynn but i don't think Guard is a huge need and i don't know if
Ragnow will be there at 46 which is why i would take him in the first. He is the best Center in this Draft IMHO.

Especially for us. Thanks again man, good stuff. Rock On

I can already feel that sickness that will be in my gut waiting to get a center until Rd 2.  That is going to be a looooong round.  They absolutely must nail the center position.  With apologies to TJ Johnson, it is a massive hole in the middle of our line.  If you get Price or Ragnow, I think Dalton has his hands under his sack for a decade and is very pleased.  

An interesting discussion is "which do you take in Rd 2 if both are there?".  

I am torn.  I look at Ragnow as the solid choice.  Reliable.  Durable.  Tough.  Long.  Proven.

I look at Price as many of the same qualities, but absolutely love his leadership and attitude.  With our offensive line since Whit's departure, I think those are very important qualitites.  

I guess my vote would be Price, and yes, a small part of that is that he is a former buckeye.  Not so much for ticket sales, but I would love to have more than about 5 people on the Bengal Bandwagon around here and buckeye fans do like to support their guys in the pros.  

I sure wouldn't be disappointed with Ragnow, though.  I think either one of them will make our team 100% better for years to come.  

One other point about Rashaan and being our SAM backer:  Do you think it is wise to select a guy that would be off the field for 66% (at least) of our defensive snaps?  We play in nickel more than two-thirds of the time.  I look at LVE as a guy that could play nickel with Burfict, and develop behind Brown...still puzzled why he only was signed for one season.  

I can't help but think if the Bengals DON'T slide in Rd 1, they might get a pretty highly ranked safety.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - SHRacerX - 04-11-2018, 09:00 AM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - SHRacerX - 04-13-2018, 07:47 AM
RE: Nate's 2nd Mock of 2018... - TKUHL - 04-13-2018, 11:08 PM