Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If You Were Browns Owner / GM In Draft ?
(04-08-2018, 03:15 AM)kevin Wrote: If I'm Browns owner, I don't want top pick in 2019, 2020, 2021 and every year QB, QB, QB as revolving door of Browns top pick QB's.  As owner, I don't see a Manning or a Luck in this draft. For me to take QB, it would have to be like when John Elway was in the draft.  

Therefore I would be looking to replace Joe Thomas early, but team was 0-16 so has many, many other weak areas.  I don't want 2 picks early in one. Would much rather trade one of those down for more picks. Right now I would be telling all NFL, Who want's the #1 pick in the draft, make me an offer.  If I could get what Mike Ditka offered Bengals one year in rest of all their picks plus round 1 in next few seasons.  That Bengals turned it down wanting either QB Couch or Akili Smith is brainless and proves my point. Take the extra picks. I doubt anybody will ever again offer what Ditka did that year. Still, if I would offer that #1 pick up for grabs, some team is going to bite. Some team is going to offer up picks I need and I still have that other pick in one at 4.   I would love to have more picks in 2 and 3.  I would trade up my late round picks for more in 4 and 5.  I can get undrafted players after the draft as good as 6 and 7.  Give me many picks in 2, 3, 4 and 5, and I'll get the Browns turned around.  I don't want the top pick in the draft every year. That's an honor of shame, not excellence. It's my believe the NFL has proven that there are good veteran QB's that just need a starting chance. NFL proves that every year.  I would draft other positions early in 2018. I would love NOT to be drafting high in 2019. That means fans got to see some wins in 2018. Odds are I will be drafting high enough, because I'm not expecting to go from 0-16 to play-offs in one draft, that's just not going to happen.  See, if I draft yet another Browns QB, he will be another rookie on another lousy Browns team. Reverse that and build this team up for a QB pick in a draft another year.

Again, I look for Browns to take QB in one, again, like every year.  Since this has only been helping the Bengals, I hope they take QB again.  No one player is going to turn around 0-16.  I would move one of those round one picks down for more picks, and pick 1 would get huge offers. If I can get a 2, 3 and 4 and maybe more, that pick is out of here, gone.

Of course they don't want the top pick every year either. I could see them trading down one of those picks I suppose but I don't think trading down is always the answer. You are losing an opportunity at premium talent. The Browns seem to load up on first and second round picks every year and miss on too many of them. This year even if they draft a quarterback in the first round they won't need to play him immediately... that's why they brought in Tyrod Taylor.

Also, the Browns haven't actually taken a QB in the top 5 since 1999 when they drafted Tim Couch. It seems like they draft quarterbacks every year but the quarterbacks they draft actually come later: either later in round one or in the second or third rounds. This year they have the chance to evaluate all the prospects and take their pick rather than taking the leftovers. Plus, this year's draft just doesn't have a Joe Thomas.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Were Browns Owner / GM In Draft ? - Domata94 - 04-08-2018, 11:00 AM