Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success of "fastest" WRs since '00
(04-13-2018, 01:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If hes learning from Housh hes gonna be a Dalton favorite for a long time

For sure, the exact person Ross should be learning from. Housh never had that speed but he could get open with his crisp
route running. Ross has all the talent in the world he just needs to stay healthy and he will shut up the haters, just watch.

(04-13-2018, 02:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll only say this in defense of Ross: most of the guys who ran the fastest 40 weren't considered top prospects due to issues with route running, etc.

Ross was considered a good route runner and he produced. That's why he was taken in round 1 while a guy like Mario Alford went in the 7th round.

Damn rights Shake.

(04-13-2018, 03:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How is he a football player? He doesnt understand how to get separation. Did you read the latest piece on him and Housh?

“That took us years. It won’t happen overnight,” Houshmandzadeh says.  “He’s been fast his whole life. Whoever worked with him has never really gone over the basics and the nuances of route running. You can’t always run by you. You get to this level, everybody can run. Your technique and ability to separate has to come to the forefront because you can’t beat everybody with speed. That’s what I’m trying to get him to understand. He’s got speed no one else has.”

YIKES

Where does Housh say Ross doesn't understand how to get seperation?

He has to go over the basics and nuances of route running as all young WR's do, big deal. He will get it.

Tell Adoree Jackson John Ross doesn't know how to get seperation.

(04-13-2018, 03:14 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Agree with this. I think in time we will see Ross develop. Not sure it's this year or next year though. He needs to learn the offense and really perfect his route running. He can be a great deep threat and red zone threat if he develops. Again, not sure this happens this year as he has to learn a new offense, and he didn't get to play last year. Has a lot of work to do in terms of learning his role in our offense and developing timing and chemistry. I'm thinking we'll see things start to develop for him this year, and he breaks out next year. But we'll see, he has to stay healthy and develop a tougher NFL body too. 

Working with TJ is definitely a good sign. If he can develop as a route runner, and learn our offense, he can develop a nice niche within it. 

At the very least he will start to get it together by mid season if he can stay healthy. One way or the other he will make a
difference for the better. Having another threat opposite AJ will really open up the entire Offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Success of "fastest" WRs since '00 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2018, 03:34 PM