Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And just like that, Brandon LaFell is even more valuable.....
(04-17-2018, 03:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, the numbers just don't prove out he is MUCH better. Again, I point to this not being about him being better it's this idea he is some huge upgrade over LaFell which he isn't, it's marginal really (I even said for the same money I'd take Dez over LaFell). He has struggled with drops for a while now and as I said he has been figured out as his athletic ability has decreased. I think some team will take a gamble because the pickings are limited at this point, but an idea that he is anything more than a high end 2 today is wishful thinking. I think a team like the Ravens will take him because they still haven't figured out WR yet, but he is going to have another 800 yard 6-8 TD season there. You could get the one year "revenge" bump and he have a nice death kneel year this year, but I just don't think it'll work long term anywhere. Everyone in the NFL knows Dez isn't a number 1 anymore except Dez, and that in the end will probably be the biggest issue.

We're pretty much on the same page. The numbers as a whole says he is, but you're right; it's a what have you done for me lately league, and he hasn't done much lately. He'll be a decent #2 for a team. And the Ravens always seem to take those over-paid WRs. Your last sentence is exactly why I don't want him anywhere near the Bengals locker room. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: And just like that, Brandon LaFell is even more valuable..... - Hoofhearted - 04-17-2018, 03:32 PM