Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And just like that, Brandon LaFell is even more valuable.....
(04-18-2018, 09:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually LaFell was an absolute steal in free agency in '16 and we got one of the most productive rookie WRs (Boyd) with a 2nd round pick.

Love how you cherry pick. It's a art form.

After the Pats cut LaFell we only picked up because he was cheap and wouldn't cost a comp pick later. Yet we have a top 10 pick, a 2nd round pick and a couple of other picks over the past two years and none of them can beat LaFell out for a starting spot. That's just sad. Nothing against LaFell at all. Heck he's beat these panzies out and getting the starting role. More power to him.

(04-18-2018, 12:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wanted LaFell as a stopgap in 2016. It worked out well, but if we can get an upgrade at a decent price, I'm still all for it. LaFell wasn't meant to be a permanent solution.

Marvin Jones signed a 5 year, $40 million deal with the Lions. Overall, we've signed LaFell for 3 years, $11.5 million. If we signed Jones to that deal, do we still pull the trade for Cordy Glenn and his contract? Do we still sign Preston Brown? 

And Jones has still maintained his inconsistent ways. 

- He had a 16 game streak where he only posted 632 yards and 4 TD's. Before he went on a tear last year, he was shaping up to be a massive bust.
- In 2 seasons as a Lion, he's had 8 games with 2 catches or less, and 10 games with 37 yards or less.

At that price range, you want a reliable producer. Jones is not that.

See Blake gets me on this. We try to draft upgrades to LaFell, but they haven't taken the starting job away from him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: And just like that, Brandon LaFell is even more valuable..... - BengalChris - 04-18-2018, 09:52 PM