Poll: Dalton abruptly retires to become a Monk. Who would you want as the Long Term QB ?
Matt Barkley
Jeff Driskel
Sign an available Free Agent – name your guy in a Post
Sign Colin Kaepernick
Trade to get AJ McCarron back
Trade for a QB that is already in the NFL – name your guy in a Post
Trade the moon to get Sam Darnold
Trade the moon to get Josh Rosen
Trade the moon to get Josh Allen
Trade up for Baker Mayfield
Get Lamar Jackson (may or may not have to trade up)
Draft Mason Rudolph
Draft some other 2018 rookie – name your guy in a Post
Wait to Draft a 2019 rookie QB – name your guy in a Post
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton retires to become a Monk POLL 2. Who would you have be the long term QB ?
(04-18-2018, 12:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd have to look hard at Mason Rudolph. He put up great numbers at a big school. He has the size (6'5" 230, same as CP). His highlights check out and look good to me. Not sure why he isn't talked about more. We'd probably want to trade up a few spots to get him.

If not Rudolph, my #2 choice would be trading up for Sam Darnold. This would be pricier, but Darnold seems like a safe pick. Josh Allen has that size and the arm, but his numbers and tape are bad. Heard he often sails screen passes. Just doesn't have any touch. Lamar Jackson is too frail and inaccurate. I don't like Rosen's attitude. Mayfield looks like Manziel. Not as far as attitude, but as far as I don't think his game will translate.

So yeah...it'd be Rudolph as my primary choice (at 21, we wouldn't have to move up much), and Darnold as the other guy I wouldn't be mad about. Poo poo on the rest.

I am torn as to what I would do.

I am considering Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph or trading for Nick Foles.

It is my understanding that Nick Foles has worked with Bill Lazor in the past.  Lazor was his QB coach in 2013.

Lamar Jackson's college numbers when compared to Michael Vick's make me think he could maybe be a better passer than Vick or at least do as well as Vick in that area. Jackson is 3 inches taller than Vick and about the same weight, so he may need to gain some weight & strength. The height advantage should be a plus. Vick was a 4 time Pro Bowler which has me at least interested in Lamar Jackson since to me they are similar. Not sure I want to commit to an offense styled around Lamar though.

Vick College stats - 56.3 completion percentage, 3,279 passing yards, 21 pass td, 12 interceptions, 1,216 rush yards, 17 rush td, 5.5 rush avg

Lamar College - 57 completion percentage, 9,043 passing yards, 69 pass td, 27 interceptions, 4,132 rush yards, 50 rush td, 6.3 avg

Mason Rudolph seems like a solid value option with good qualities as you mentioned.

Nick Foles is more plug and play with ties to Bill Lazor. I would definitely be inquiring to see what the Eagles would take for him. If the price was right, I could see myself going this direction. Lazor worked with Foles as his QB Coach in 2013 where Foles started 10 games and had a 119.2 rating that season. He just turned 29 years old and has proven that he can handle the spotlight in big games.

Right now I am kicking the tires on these 3 guys since trading up for one of the top 3 guys would cost a fortune in draft picks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton retires to become a Monk POLL 2. Who would you have be the long term QB ? - depthchart - 04-18-2018, 02:44 PM