Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't forget about Jake Fisher
I haven't given up on Fisher yet but he's going into his 4th year and still hasn't proven he's is a quality stating tackle. Glenn is the only tackle under contract next year so we cant just assume Fisher will be ok, even if he has a good year another team could outbid us for him in free agency. I gave him a bit of a break because of the heart issue i'm not sure how much that effected his play during the year, which wasn't very good. I recall times he completely whiffed on blocks, I think Bodine and Ogbuehi's awfulness drew some of are attention away from Fisher's bad play. Also this whole Fisher struggles because the Bengals played him at a bunch of different position's a few years ago gets blown out of proportion. Just because they lined him up at Tight End to down block doesn't mean he was running post routes after practice and that took his focus away from playing tackle or that because he was a lead blocker at fullback a few times he was in the running back meetings. They tried him at center and guard a few times very early in camp a few years back not everyday . I think they moved him around because he wasn't good enough to get on to the field at tackle. I used to say to myself how bad is Fisher that he couldn't beat out Winston or Ced for RT that year? Hopefully Pollack's system can help him i'll be pulling for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Don't forget about Jake Fisher - bfine32 - 04-21-2018, 03:08 PM
RE: Don't forget about Jake Fisher - CJD - 04-23-2018, 10:43 AM
RE: Don't forget about Jake Fisher - lone bengal - 04-21-2018, 11:56 PM
RE: Don't forget about Jake Fisher - CJD - 04-23-2018, 09:38 AM
RE: Don't forget about Jake Fisher - kevin - 04-24-2018, 04:59 AM
RE: Don't forget about Jake Fisher - dnkw - 04-26-2018, 02:01 PM
RE: Don't forget about Jake Fisher - dnkw - 04-26-2018, 02:30 PM
Don't forget about Jake Fisher - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2018, 02:22 PM