Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are Steelers and Ravens Fans Happy About Their Drafts?
(04-30-2018, 04:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are Steelers and Ravens fans happy about what their teams did in the draft?

Most experts and websites I've seen grade their drafts as C or, in a few cases for the Steelers, D.

On the same token, I have seen some sites and experts rank the Bengals as having a C, but most of those use taking a center that was injured as their reasoning, which is stupid because it's not that big of a deal and he'll be full-go for the season.

The Steelers drafted a guy in the first round that wasn't projected to go until day 3 or late day 2.......  real smart.

How do you feel about your drafts?

The ONLY way to accurately assess a draft is to attempt to do so several years down the road.  The media outlets all do their grades because people like you eat it up, but they mean very little until the players actually play. 

Remember, there wasn't a single "expert" who thought that either Tom Brady or Antonio Brown went too low (they were both drafted in the 6th round of their respective drafts). Similarly, I don't think any of them thought it was a mistake for James Harrison to not even get drafted.  But several thought Jamarcus Russell would be a star.

So ... let's not get too excited over the "draft experts".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Steelers and Ravens Fans Happy About Their Drafts? - JS-Steelerfan - 04-30-2018, 04:54 PM