Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Takes A Selfie With A Bear.........
A few years ago I was in Columbus with a friend close to his place. We had just stepped out of a carry out when I saw a man's body slam against the front of a van and tossed straight to the ground in front of the van. At first I thought  he was dead but he began screaming for help. Of about 50 people standing around about half did absolutely nothing but start filming him with their phones laying on the ground in pain. I was quite a ways behind the crowd so I immediately called 911. Turns out it was just outside the city limits so I had to wait for them to transfer the call to I think Whitehall.. Anyway, fire and  rescue were only about three blocks away and arrived within minutes . I was pretty disappointed in all the people willing to do absolutely nothing except take pictures of the poor fellow .
Turns out he lived right next door to my friend. I went by a few weeks later and he was in a wheelchair with two broken legs in relatively good spirits considering what happened to him. Lucky him he was shitface drunk when it happened so he didn't feel the full impact.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man Takes A Selfie With A Bear......... - grampahol - 05-07-2018, 12:17 AM