Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m
(08-24-2015, 01:55 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: You have a right to your opinion as do I. I've given my opinion on Iloka and provided other options that at this point I'd rather have. The bottom line is that Iloka is a good S and I'd love for him to sign an extension; I just think this message forum overrates him which is par for the course for Bengal fans.

I'm not sure why you are so flabbergasted that I don't put him as a top 5 S. Who knows, if he improves this season he might be up there.  Instead of arguing whether he is top 5 or not why don't you at least acknowledge that my opinion isn't some ridiculous outlandish notion.  I know people enjoy bashing the minority opinion on this forum but I thought you'd be better than that. Guess not.

Your opinion of where exactly he's ranked isn't necessarily the issue, it's how you get there that becomes the outlandish part.

1. Using a handful of free safeties to determine where George stands as a strong safety doesn't make much sense.

2. Using a completely hypothetical national poll which is purely conjecture at this point to justify your ranking is just absurd.

I'd feel that your opinion is valid if you had legitimate reasons. So far, I haven't seen anything even though we've explained what George does better than the others around the league. If you're not willing to explain why those guys are better safeties than him, don't act so surprised when you get this type of response. Don't complain about people not taking you seriously when the basis of your argument revolves around casual fans hypothetical opinions and "they're better because I said they're better".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m - djs7685 - 08-24-2015, 02:15 PM