Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m
(08-24-2015, 01:28 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It's nonsense to list a few ball hawking FS as a reason that Iloka isn't one of the top SS in the league. That would be like saying Burfict isn't a top WILL backer because there are some good SAM backers in the NFL. Great logic.

I'd probably re-think who is a "biased idiot" when your list was a bunch of free safeties, a couple one dimensional strong safeties, and a couple of guys that aren't even very good at all. As someone else said, it seems like your criteria for being a good safety is not playing for the Bengals.

George lays big hits, is fine in run support, and has been better than basically every safety (including FS) in the league over the past 2 seasons. What more do you want from the guy? I like how you think polling the nation (mostly casual fans) would somehow prove your opinions. I'd actually love to see the nation polled on the top 5 S so you could see how stupid the average football fan actually is. I'd lay big money that at least 1 guy in the top 5 would be either retired or completely washed up. Name recognition =/= actual ranking. Give the average football fan a blank ballot and they probably couldn't even name 5 current safeties, let alone be a legitimate judge of ranking them.

(08-24-2015, 02:15 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Your opinion of where exactly he's ranked isn't necessarily the issue, it's how you get there that becomes the outlandish part.

1. Using a handful of free safeties to determine where George stands as a strong safety doesn't make much sense.

2. Using a completely hypothetical national poll which is purely conjecture at this point to justify your ranking is just absurd.

I'd feel that your opinion is valid if you had legitimate reasons. So far, I haven't seen anything even though we've explained what George does better than the others around the league. If you're not willing to explain why those guys are better safeties than him, don't act so surprised when you get this type of response. Don't complain about people not taking you seriously when the basis of your argument revolves around casual fans hypothetical opinions and "they're better because I said they're better".

Spot on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-24-2015, 02:34 PM