Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green to Ross: "Just stop thinking"
(05-16-2018, 08:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Geez, you guys make it sound like he's a mental ****** with all these 3 character mental diseases.

Luckily, I don't believe in any of that crap, which means I'll take his improved attitude as a good sign.

I never liked the pick. And I liked it even less after his rookie season where he literally validated all of the reason I didn't like the pick by making them all come true.

The change in attitude is awesome! You can't fix anything if you don't see that anything is wrong. At least he seems to see there's something to fix.

Agree on all of your points, as I pretty much feel the same way about him.  Didn't like the pick, liked it even less once the season rolled around.  However, he's a Bengal, so I will pull for him 100%.

I also get a kick out of the folks that are so quick to "diagnose" him with some sort of disorder.   LOL

But, to the bolded.  I have a feeling that John Ross has been a "superstar" on every team he was on since middle school.  He was likely used to being "the man", and quite possibly had gotten used to coaches tailoring the game to his skills, rather than him conforming to a regimented play book.  When you combine that with the fanfare of being a top 10 NFL pick, he may have gotten a big head about himself.  It was likely quite strange and possibly alienating for him to be stuck on the bench for the first time that he could remember.  

That situation would be stressful to anyone, and cause their attitude to go South.  Whatever the situation, I'm excited to hear that he's taking to mentoring.  Even more excited to learn that he's getting his confidence back, feeling great physically, and most importantly he seems to be growing as a young man.  For all the crap I've spoken about John Ross on here, here's to him assuming his spot on the team!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green to Ross: "Just stop thinking" - SunsetBengal - 05-16-2018, 08:40 PM