Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 UFAs with best chance to make roster
(05-16-2018, 03:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...dude has never played HB which means odds are he has 0 chance of playing on 3rd down year 1 as he has never had to pass protect. Flowers is going to the PS unless someone else gets hurt is my guess. Remember Walton also plays a lot of special teams too, one of the big things they liked about him.

I don't think the idea of Flowers making the roster is so far fetched.  You say he's never played HB, but he ran for 3,566 yds in his college career.  I'm sure that he's quite comfortable with contact, as well as carrying the ball.  You say that he's never pass blocked before.  While that is true, as a QB it was his duty to know the role of every player on every play he ever ran.  I don't see it nearly being as tough of a transition as you make it out to be.

Yes, I know that Mark Walton has plenty of upside.  But, I also know how Marvin feels about fumbles..  1 fumble for every 90 touches isn't that good of a ratio.  All it will take is a couple of miscues in preseason, and Walton could easily end up at the bottom of Marvin's depth chart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 UFAs with best chance to make roster - SunsetBengal - 05-16-2018, 03:19 PM