Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi and Bodine must have been the Zen Masters of Ketchup...
(05-18-2018, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is (was?) a lot better coach than many people around here ever wanted to give him credit for.  He was well respected around the league and in the media.  He was VERY good at teaching pass protection.  He was also good at selecting top picks for the first 20+ years of his tenure as O-line coach.  

But Fisher and Ogbuehi were his downfall.  Our O-line last year was horrific.  No matter how much I can defend his past practices the fact is that the O-line was shit even though we used our first two picks in the '15 draft on OTs.  When that happens the O-line coach should take most of the blame.

You're right, at one time he was good and quite well respected.  Somewhere along the way, it seems that his ego got the best of him.  He appeared to refuse to change with the times.  

On another note, the organization should learn a very valuable lesson from the Paul Alexander tenure.  Never give a position coach so much title and influence that he can handicap the entire platoon.  Having the OL coach also be named "Assistant Head Coach", along with "Rushing game Coordinator" was just too over the top.  PA having so much title and influence likely led to some pretty bad blood in the coaching room, as well as put Marvin in some very uncomfortable situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi and Bodine must have been the Zen Masters of Ketchup... - SunsetBengal - 05-18-2018, 05:46 PM