Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor keeping it a mystery
Thanks everyone for the kind words and reading!

@wildcats forever: I hope that he remains vague when pressed for details, even though as a selfish fan I'd love to know everything about his offense.

Knowing Bill, he will – until it’s obvious to everyone what happened. He won’t tip his hand. Ever.

@fredtoast - Anything that does not involve Dalton throwing on the run is fine with me. Dalton moves well but he is not the best at keeping his eyes downfield while he runs.

They believe Dalton is a better athlete than most think, so I can see him being moved around if he does it well in their (Lazor, Van Pelt) eyes. Or, maybe it just means they’ll use him more on options and designed QB runs.

@Nate - And of course Joe Mixon.

Thanks! At the end of the day, this is who the “star” is going to be, IMO.

@Bengals67 – thanks! We try!

@Bengalitis - If we can see Dalton do something that we've never seen him do before, THEN I'll be impressed with what the new coach is doing... that's what new coaches were acquired after all right?

Totally fair.

@Go Cards – thanks!

@3WT -  I think that may be because it's going to have to evolve through the preseason and the season itself.

I think so, too. Because you can plan all you want, but you have to see the guys actually do it. I like his manner, personally. The way he carries himself. The way he speaks. Sounds weird, but the last two OCs to have kind of a “way” about them were a part of five playoff teams. It all depends what we see on the field, but I think they have the right guy for this QB, WR and RBs.

@StLucieBengal – re: Chip Kelly.
Unfortunately, time didn’t really allow for it but also, it was a low priority request due to the fact he’s given exactly one interview since becoming the head coach of one of the biggest college programs in the country. So a combo of both?

@grampahol - I don't think there's really any mystery to it outside of just getting the team to play well together and win games.  

At the basic level, yes. Of course. The reason I wrote it how I did was because there is such an intense focus on “What’s changed?!” “What’s different!?” I mean, the team did put the man in charge for a reason. But no one will say. So I avoided that and, hopefully, gave fans some background on the man so when they see it, they may know why it changed or how it’s different.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Lazor keeping it a mystery - 3wt - 05-22-2018, 02:29 PM
RE: Bill Lazor keeping it a mystery - 3wt - 05-24-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: Bill Lazor keeping it a mystery - 3wt - 05-21-2018, 03:33 PM
RE: Bill Lazor keeping it a mystery - jowczarski - 05-30-2018, 08:50 PM
RE: Bill Lazor keeping it a mystery - McC - 06-18-2018, 05:22 PM