Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap Skipping OTAs and Workouts
(06-01-2018, 12:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Since Dunlap has come into the league having questionable work ethic and such he has totally thrown this notion
out of the window and has become an outstanding character in the NFL. I think he is missing Voluntarys cause he
is in a contract year and wants to stay healthy. I don't believe this takes away from his character, lots of veteran
players do this. He will be here for Mandatorys and TC.

The Shittsburgh pukes are what they are, scum. Just agreeing with Sled that lots of vet players don't think they
need the Voluntarys nowadays.

I just don't think Dunlap would sit out for those guys. If you think they are being blacklisted unjustly, that is your
opinion. I disagree with it though, these players should of told teams they would stick to playing football this year
instead of saying they will continue to bring politics into the game of football. This is on them IMO.

Thanks for more commentary. Like the point about how Dunlap has really flipped the script on what was portrayed as a questionable work ethic when he first came into the league. He seems to be a leader now for sure.

Makes a lot of sense what you say about stepping back from OTA's as a health precaution in a contract year. It does seem to be a common step for a lot of vets. As an aside - I never fully got behind the idea that young guys would be learning from the vets in OTA's. It always made more sense to me to have the young guys get as many reps as possible.

I can't be for sure at all how Carlos feels about players like Kaepernick and Reid. I do agree that most wouldn't sit out for somebody else, and that's understandable. I do disagree on your point about politics in the game - for me, this isn't a political issue at all. It's a societal issue, a human issue, a justice issue, with no regard for party. 

I certainly don't think any player who feels the same can't compartmentalize his efforts and energy, and would be able to continue to contribute at a high level between the lines. If the players truly can't hack it on the field, that's a different story. But in my opinion, the politics are coming from the stands, and the economics are being decided in the owner's boxes, and the players are just supporting society, while continuing to put on a show we all go crazy for.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dunlap Skipping OTAs and Workouts - The Gooney Rule - 06-01-2018, 06:06 PM