Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Bengal elite playoff performer
(05-29-2018, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: VB did not lose his composure during the Steeler's playoff game; that was Pacman. VB was involved in a bang bang play. Not sure how this is losing your composure:

We've had some good playoff performances during the Marvin Tenure. Besides the ones mentioned:

AJ Green 5 catches for 80 yards in 2012

Jermaine Gresham 7 catches for 67 yards and a score in 2013

Rey Maualuga 12 tackles in 2013

Like I said, he didn't have to throw his shoulder out, but I don't expect everyone to agree...especially not in here.

You listing 3 examples of arguably decent games goes even further to prove my point that it's easier to list the failures than great performances. Maualuga got eaten alive by Owen Daniels the year before, and in that Chargers game, they ran 40 times for 200 yards, so there were plenty of opportunities to pad that tackle stat.

5 for 80 is an "ok" game by AJ standards. Gresh' stat line is good. I could list a lot more bad performances if we really want to go there, but I'm pretty sure most of us know what I'm saying is true.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current Bengal elite playoff performer - Shake n Blake - 05-29-2018, 08:40 PM