Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Bengal elite playoff performer
(05-28-2018, 05:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great playoff performances have been a rare sight under Marv, but we have had a few.

Benson vs the Jets (although he was terrible against the Texans)
MLJ vs the Chargers (I think he had 123 yards)
I think Atkins had a 1.5 sacks vs the Steelers

Other than that? Meh. 7 games worth of suck from almost everyone.

Nice seeing atleast SOME good play from SOME of the players in the Playoffs including Huber...

(05-28-2018, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict had the best playoff game of any Bengal during the Marvin era, imo. Sure he’s also a big part of why we lost (he comes 3rd on the blame scale after Hill & Pacman for me though) but the game probably wouldn’t even have been close without him.

(05-28-2018, 07:36 PM)jason Wrote: Agreed... Burfict put that game away with the sack of Roethlisberger, and then the interception. I actually found it amusing that he ran to the locker room... You know, cause the game was over. Pacman fanning him off as he returned to the field was a nice touch too. Then the Bengals happened.

Feel the same, we wouldn't of even been in the game without Burfict and i still don't think that was an illegal hit...

Dirty? Maybe but he led with his shoulder which is legal.

(05-28-2018, 10:15 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Leon Hall was very good in the playoffs.  I don't remember the stats or specific instances, but I distinctly remember him looking really good in multiple playoff games.

You could argue that Burfict in 2015, before the wheels came off, had been an elite playoff player.  Like others have said, that game may not have even been close had he not willed his way to a very high level of play.

I remember Hall play well too.

(05-29-2018, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He lost his composure by putting a hard hit into Antonio Brown's shoulder? Maybe you could say he isn't the most intelligent at times, but I don't think he lost his composure by any means.

I agree, we can all wonder if the hit was dirty but in the end it was shoulder meeting shoulder which is legal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Current Bengal elite playoff performer - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-31-2018, 06:16 PM