Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate Burleson On GMF About Marvin!
(06-05-2018, 03:47 PM)3wt Wrote: There's so much we don't see - for better or worse.

There are indicators.  I think of the whole Carson Palmer debacle, the possible look behind the vail during the Batman/ Robin season.  But honestly we don't know.

I don't like the way he handles the team in crunch time, but I'm not privy to his thought process.

I do think he's a lot smarter than we think, and I think he was hamstrung by Mr. Brown a lot more than had been thought (by me at least)

He crafted a two year deal for a reason.  Unless the team is an unmitigated disaster I think he needs two years of rope.   The deal tells me he thinks he can be successful in one year but get us over the hump and deeper into the playoffs in two.

He appears to have a plan that involved significant enough changes that it may take two years for the players to adjust to it.

All due respect to Burleson, I say we give him the two years before we ask him to bow the head.

Two years of rope, eh? So if year 16 ain't "the year" - year 17 might be?  Bang Head

Man this crap was pathetic after 10 years and we're working on 20 now. There will be guys in college that weren't alive when someone other than Marvin was coaching the Bengals, and we're still talking about when they'll win a single playoff game. Pathetic. No offense meant to you, just ranting here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nate Burleson On GMF About Marvin! - Shake n Blake - 06-06-2018, 02:35 PM