Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB coach Van Pelt making Dalton practise throwing under pressure
(06-09-2018, 11:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not to mention the OL went to shit fast. Losing both Whit and Zeitler the same season did not give AD any time to adjust to a declining line. It went from Decent to “WTF” over night.

Agreed.  When combined with Zampese's completely stationary Dalton, it was a perfect storm.  One of the first things you saw with Lazor was giving Dalton some bootlegs to get him out of the pocket and better field vision.  It worked, even with the pathetic line.  It wasn't playoff caliber, but it was an improvement.  

This is why I find myself in that same optimistic place even after such a disasterous start last year.  With Lazor's scheme and a full offseason to implement it, and the dramatic improvements in terms of talent on the line, I am very optimistic about the offense.  I have always believed in Dalton, and I like some of the young weapons, but the line improvement gives me great hope for the offense to be a real strength.

My biggest worry is the LB corps for the first four games of the season.  If I am the opposing OC, I simply go maximum protection and wait, wait, wait, check it down to a RB that a LB was stuck trying to cover.  High %, effective, low risk, and I have seen it time and time again.  

Here's to Austin coming up with better pressure packages and guys like Vigil and Evans being able to stick with guys out of the backfield.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB coach Van Pelt making Dalton practise throwing under pressure - SHRacerX - 06-10-2018, 08:23 AM