Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting: Teammates had issues with Willis last season....
(06-08-2018, 04:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't put much stock into him rubbing people the wrong way.  Seems to me that perhaps the author had to dig deep to find something grabbing to tell about, and maybe make it seem like more than it actually was.  If I were a guessing man, I'd say it might be a while before Jordan Willis offers up any info to that particular reporter again.  It's awful convenient that the two players mentioned by name are no longer with the team.  Actually, guys like Gilberry and Clarke would have pretty good motive to not be welcoming to him, after all he was drafted in the 3rd round to come and take their jobs.  (I realize that Willis didn't name anyone, but the author sure brought those names right up in the next paragraph.  I have read enough of these articles over the years to get what they're trying to say.)

As for him now?  Hell yeah, adding 15# of muscle without losing any speed is a phenomenal achievement.  If he keeps getting bigger, he just might end up in that DE/DT role that the team seems to enjoy having on board.  In a worst case scenario, he might be the one to step into Carlos' role, when the inevitable day arrives.

Great points as usual Sunset, have to read through the bull.

All I know is Willis always impressed me in what he done on the football field in college.

I agree with Synric as well that this guy just might be the break out player on Defense this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting: Teammates had issues with Willis last season.... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-09-2018, 12:10 AM