Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Wheel of Fortune Contestants!
(06-12-2018, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People who play gameshows bug me with their stupidity.

Example: In Wheel of Fortune, when a contestant is playing the bonus round, if the first letters (r, s, t, l, n. e) come up and you know what a word is but have no clue on the other word or words, why would you use your 3 letters to fill the word that you already know?!

Case-in-point:  I was just watching an episode with the category being People, and, after the first letters come up, he's left with this:

-----
NE-----RS

I take one look at it and know that the bottom word is neighbors, which he obviously knew because the letters he called were H, B, M, O.

WHY THE HELL WOULD HE CALL LETTERS THAT HE KNEW WERE UP THERE?!  The M was maybe the only one that could have been up there, but why waste the other 2 letters?!

It ended up being "WACKY NEIGHBORS" and the dude didn't win the 35 grand.  

Is this as stupid as it seems to me or can anyone offer a reasonable explanation?!

Reason #1: When you guess a WRONG letter, you lose your turn.
Reason #2: So, if you know a word, you guess the letters you KNOW will be there to keep your turn going
Reason #3: You want to guess the letters you know so that YOU can get money for them and not the other players (who may also already know the word that you know)
Reason #4: If you don't know the other words in the puzzle, you guess the letters you do know in the hopes that they'll ALSO be in one of the other words.

It would actually be incredibly stupid to guess letters you DON'T know are in the puzzle when there are letters you DO know because you'll lose your turn and someone else could guess those letters getting money that YOU could have gotten.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid Wheel of Fortune Contestants! - PhilHos - 06-15-2018, 12:52 PM