Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season
This is what I received in an email from a fantasy football site:

Quote:Source: NFL.com - Gil Brandt

Cincinnati Bengals RB Joe Mixon should break 1,000 yards behind a revamped offensive line this season, in the opinion of Gil Brandt of NFL.com.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The Bengals made strides to improve their offensive line this offseason by trading for OT Cordy Glenn and selecting C Billy Price in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft. Those moves should help provide better running room for Mixon this year. His rookie season was a mixed bag, but the talent is there for him to easily be a 1,000 yard rusher in the pros. Fantasy owners are taking him off the board at RB15 (2.12) in 12-team PPR leagues.

And then I went to Gil Brandt on NFL.com and found this:

Quote:CINCINNATI BENGALS: Joe Mixon, RB, second NFL season. Mixon didn't exactly light the world on fire in 2017, finishing with 913 yards from scrimmage (including 626 rushing yards on 178 attempts for a less-than-inspiring yards-per-carry mark of 3.5) and just four touchdowns in 14 games (seven starts). But he has outstanding big-play ability and 4.45 speed; he just needs to start full-time. I see him breaking the 1,000-yard mark on the ground behind Cincinnati's revamped O-line.

I love that "experts" are already giving us credit for an improved offensive line and I can't wait to see what Mixon will do behind it!

Only nine players broke the thousand yard mark last season (10 if you could Zeke Elliot), so a thousand yards is no easy task.

Giving him the rock without Hill to steal carries and fumble away our hopes and dreams, with an improved line and an improved passing game to keep defenses from stacking the box, has Mixon poised for a BIG year, imco!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season - BFritz21 - 06-26-2018, 01:35 AM