Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line?
Right Guard:
I think Right Guard will be one of the best match-ups to watch in camp, albeit not the most exciting. The battle I think is between Trey Hopkins, Christian Westerman and Alex Redmond. Clearly the front office thought enough of these three to not draft a guard until Rod Taylor in the 7th. Based on snap count from last season, Hopkins (707) Westerman (87) and Redmond (104), the clear edge goes to Hopkins. Obviously Pollack will have his own take on the line and I'm not savvy enough in offensive line schemes to know which of the three is the best fit. I do expect to see all 3 make the final 53 man and especially with Hopkins working as a C when Bodine was hurt.

Right Tackle:
I agree with previous posters this is a huge weakness. That said if I'm picking a spot on the line to be weak this is it. I'm hopeful Bobby Hart can resurrect his career in Cincy like so many before him, but I also think Fisher and Ogbuehi have a chance to figure it out in a new scheme. I for one am holding out hope that a lack of development was due to Paul Alexander's inability, and Whit's lack of desire to be a mentor. I expect this is somewhat of a rotation early and likely our first pick in round 1 for 2019.

My expected line:
LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
C - Billy Price
RG - Trey Hopkins
RT - Bobby Hart
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line? - BengalDawg - 06-26-2018, 04:27 PM