Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line?
(06-27-2018, 09:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: I mean....his predecessor was here for 25 years.  It's more about losing that boat anchor than anything.  Alexander hand picked Fisher and Ogbuehi.  Alexander was run game coordinator of a dismal run game.  Alexander pretty much had a HUGE part in tanking the last two seasons.  Alexander coached a passive blocking scheme where the lineman reacts to the defender instead of attacking him.  Alexander used arm pads and little else in practices.  Once Lazor told him to sit down and shut up last season, the run game improved dramatically.  Even the pass pro improved.  Alexander played favorites.

Enter Pollack.  Clean slate, no favorites.  He preaches an aggressive technique where the OL punches the defender in the mouth instead of retreating and reacting.  He has brought in old school practice equipment like the chute, and is running a more intense, more disciplined practice by all accounts.  Pollack has overseen one of the best o lines in all of football over the last couple years.  Pollack has openly embraced the added help of Jim McNally and other Bengal greats from the past instead of letting his ego get in the way.

Yeah, I can't imagine why there's hype surrounding this guy.... Ninja

You know it Wyche, i will say it again, i don't know how anyone that is a Bengal fan would not like what Frank Pollack
has brought here. PA was our biggest weakness cause he had such a big ego and played favorites, cannot do this as a
coach, this is the exact opposite of Pollack and guys like Scarnecchia in New England.

They start the best players period.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-27-2018, 01:39 PM