Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line?
(06-27-2018, 09:37 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I mean....his predecessor was here for 25 years.  It's more about losing that boat anchor than anything.  Alexander hand picked Fisher and Ogbuehi.  Alexander was run game coordinator of a dismal run game.  Alexander pretty much had a HUGE part in tanking the last two seasons.  Alexander coached a passive blocking scheme where the lineman reacts to the defender instead of attacking him.  Alexander used arm pads and little else in practices.  Once Lazor told him to sit down and shut up last season, the run game improved dramatically.  Even the pass pro improved.  Alexander played favorites.

Enter Pollack.  Clean slate, no favorites.  He preaches an aggressive technique where the OL punches the defender in the mouth instead of retreating and reacting.  He has brought in old school practice equipment like the chute, and is running a more intense, more disciplined practice by all accounts.  Pollack has overseen one of the best o lines in all of football over the last couple years.  Pollack has openly embraced the added help of Jim McNally and other Bengal greats from the past instead of letting his ego get in the way.

Yeah, I can't imagine why there's hype surrounding this guy.... Ninja
I agree with pretty much all that you say and I’m looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. It’s just the restatement thread after thread that makes my head spin. A new philosophy was way overdue, the line should automatically be better because of the new pieces though. I’m not bashing Pollack at all. I guess one thing that I’m skeptical about is this was a fan appeasement to just keep bringing Marvin back. It took all of the emphasis off of Marvin and everyone seems to have forgotten that he’s still the top dog. You could literally see it in Marvin’s eyes last year that he was worn out and had given up. PA needed to be gone regardless. I just don’t know how much a OL coach who has to listen to a OC who has to listen to a Marvin will matter. Improved technique will matter, sure. Will Pollack have the say on schemes and who plays where and when they play though? I want to be super optimistic like most on here but I’ve bought in so many times and would like to see some results first.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line? - Circleville Guy - 06-27-2018, 02:06 PM