Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line?
(06-28-2018, 07:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The only reason I keep thinking about it is how much more are we prepared for an injury at LT if Boling is already playing RT?  I ask that is all sincerity, as I truly don't know the answer.  Is playing tackle on the right side better than guard on the left side to be prepared for a potential switch?  I don't know.  And I have faith that Glenn's injury is behind him.  But I sure as hell like the idea of three, thick, nasty bad-ass mentality guys in the middle.  Boling is very good, but I see him more as the pulling guard with agility than the bulldozer at LG.  

He really showed something in his stint at LT, though, and it showed me that it might even be his more natural position.  

I agree.  I think the only guy that really rung his bell was Ziggy Ansah - who is himself a stud.

I seem to recall that either he played some tackle at Georgia, or some draft analysts saw him as a better tackle prospect than guard (though they acknowledged him as a good guard prospect).  

You are right about his strengths, which I actually see as a better match for the left side - tackle or guard.  Glen would be an overpowering right tackle.   Potentially the best since Willie.  I'd be very happy with that arrangement.  With Westerman and Redmond at guard that would be an offensive line with a lot of push, and the ability to give Dalton a better pocket in the middle than we've had (even though Boling the best pass protector of the bunch).

Intriguing.   I will be really interested to see what Pollack and Lazor end up deciding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Would You Pick to Man the Right Side of The Line? - 3wt - 06-28-2018, 10:51 AM