Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Reasons To Believe In The Bengals!
(06-29-2018, 03:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, agree 100%.  I'd also like to see the defense come up with some more turnovers.

This is where I hope Fred is right (yes, I said it) because I believe, right now, he is not right.  We have seen countless times where rookies or second year players sit behind veterans...and often, behind veterans that suck ass.

I want to see Jess Bates roaming center field (baseball pun intended for him with his background) and making plays on the ball.  He has outstanding route recognition and reaction to a ball in the air.  I remember Carson Palmer saying he remembered the first time he thought he could "squeeze a ball in to an opening" and Ed Reed proved to him that the opening wasn't there and took it to the house.  

The Bengal's safeties simply are not strong at playing the ball in the air.  We lost a ball hawk when we lost Reggie Nelson and have never adequately replaced him.  

Bates needs every opportunity to win that starting role and I think he makes a difference on our defense.  With what he all hope is a rejuvenated offense, our defense might be in a better position for some turnovers when playing with a lead.  Bates can be that guy and I think he is a big missing piece of our puzzle.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 Reasons To Believe In The Bengals! - SHRacerX - 06-30-2018, 08:21 AM