Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Reasons To Believe In The Bengals!
(06-29-2018, 09:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: While RT is still a gaping wound, you have to be impressed at how they parlayed one first round pick into both an NFL caliber starting LT AND a top shelf prospect starting at Center. With Boling at LG and Western at RG we have reason to hope, especially because Piano Man is gone.

It does make you wonder - what changed? Because the change actually happened before the season ended as we know Lazor put his foot down over the blocking scheme during the season and got Piano Man overruled. Before this we would have likely seen Piano Man backed up and Lazor let go so something changed.

Something happened that is for sure cause like you said it would of been the other way around in the past with
Lazor getting the axe in favor of PA. Instead somebody finally made the right decision and backed up the coach
that wanted the team to excell.

(06-30-2018, 03:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I remember that but I don't think it was Atkins.........  I think it was Sims or someone and it was John Thornton maybe?  

Thats what i remember, Thornton talking Marv into letting Sims start who was clearly better.

Good man Thornton.

(06-30-2018, 09:08 AM)dnkw Wrote: Damn, that's got me excited. Bring on the new season!

Lots of reasons be excited man. Should take some time for coaches and players to gel but once it happens i see a
team that could win atleast 10 games and maybe even a Playoff game for the first time in forever with a running
game. Having a running game takes away Marv's conservative weakness.

Doesn't matter if Marv takes his foot off the gas and runs the ball if it is effective.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 Reasons To Believe In The Bengals! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-01-2018, 03:07 PM