Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobspin - Ogbuehi change of scenery
(07-02-2018, 09:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sorry, but I've never seen that killer instinct out of Fisher.  His draft profile reads...

"One of the most penalized tackles in 2015 draft class over last two seasons, including six holding calls during 2014 season. Needs angles to get consistent push in run game. Lacks power. Allows outside hand to get wide in pass pro, opening himself up to bull rush. Catches pass rusher rather than punching. Not much pop in his hands. Inconsistent feet as a run blocker, slowing feet at contact against power. Missed part of 2014 with a leg injury. Needs weight-room work to add more bulk to his frame. Needs to improve his contact balance against power."

Fisher has looked marginally better than Og, but they are cut from the same cloth.  Both are passive finesse T's that played in spread offenses in college.

To be fair you have to also list his strengths.

I have seen Fisher finish blocks with a nasty streak, granted it was before the heart problem.

I am not willing to give up on him yet.

(07-03-2018, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So because Fisher got beat by the eventual #3 overall pick in 2016 who has had 23 sacks in the NFL in just 28 games played, it means he can't become a good NFL OT? Even though the skill in NFL is much better than college, most pass rushers are not of Bosa's caliber.

Agreed, Sam Hubbard beat Quinton Nelson badly a few times who was the #1 Guard in this past Draft too.

O-lineman get beat from time to time, even the best. Fisher is versatile and has good feet. I could see Pollack getting
something out of him as long as the heart thing is over with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobspin - Ogbuehi change of scenery - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-03-2018, 01:40 PM