Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Auden Tate make the Bengals roster?
(07-05-2018, 02:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Core definately has more upside than Lafell it is just it has to translate to the field this TC and Preseason.

Core's speed, size and physicality are rare.

If he can show he can go up for the ball better i think he makes the roster again.

Great comparison, i can definately see that.

I think if one of these new Returners shows up, Wilson, Phillips, Walton, Bates etc

Erickson is the guy on the outside, that is if Core doesn't show much.

In the end, scoring Touchdowns is the most valuable thing a player can bring and that is what Auden Tate brings.

I have a hard time seeing them keep 7 WR's again this year seeing how we got so little out of that group last year.  Erickson is the incumbent return man, and we all know what that means.  Despite the fact that he regressed in the role last year compared to his rookie year, it's still basically his job to lose.  He will have to get outplayed by a good bit by one of the other hopefuls to lose the job and his roster spot.  He did show a little improvement as a WR last year, as well.

Core didn't catch a pass despite dressing for 13 games last year.  At this point, hoping he develops a set of hands is like hoping Ogbuehi develops a set of balls.  It would be great if it happens, but it probably just isn't in the cards.  He has some great physical traits, but just seems to lack the body control, hand eye coordination, and concentration necessary to be a productive NFL WR.  He contributes on ST's, but so would an extra DB, LB, or RB.  

I would like to see Tate make it since we need another big go up and get it WR.  Erickson can make it as the #6 if he outplays both Tate and Core or as a #7 if he retains the return job and Tate/Core outplay him by a wide margin.  Core needs to outplay both Tate and Erickson by a wide margin(which I don't think he is capable of doing) or outplay them both by a slim margin and hope Erickson loses his return job.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Auden Tate make the Bengals roster? - Whatever - 07-05-2018, 07:09 PM