Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Auden Tate make the Bengals roster?
(07-06-2018, 04:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: What's scary is that as mediocre as LaFell was last year with 52 catches for 548 yards and 3 TD's, Boyd, Core, Erickson, and Malone combined for 40 catches for 468 yards and 4 TD's.  I really don't see any way LaFell isn't one of the top 4 at the end of camp.

Sadly, we may need to be looking at the waiver wire for WR help.  Flashes and the yearly minicamp "Scrub WR #10 looks like the second coming of Jerry Rice in shorts"fluff pieces are great and all, but at some point these guys have to prove that you can step up and be reliable when your number is called.  If Ross isn't as advertised, we could be in real trouble.

I hear ya, man.  Our "up and comers" in the WR stable have shown little to get excited about, thus far.  Sure, reasons why can be rationalized all day long, but at the end of the day, production is what counts the most.  

Having said that, I think that Tate has as good a chance at bumping one of the incumbents from the roster as Andy has at being the starting QB.  I would consider all of those 3rd year guys to be on a really hot seat, right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Auden Tate make the Bengals roster? - SunsetBengal - 07-08-2018, 07:15 PM